GOVERNOR THROWS YELLOW ON LAST LAP (Back to Phase 3)admin
Dear Race Fans,
We want to personally thank you again for your patience and support during these unprecedented times. Meridian Speedway consulted with officials from the State of Idaho and Central District Health Department and determined a path for opening to race fans in Phase 3 of the Idaho Rebounds with a reduced capacity plan.
As we moved into Phase 4 the plan stayed the same and we looked forward to the 4th of July when the re-opening plan was scheduled to be complete. We recognize Meridian Speedway is a major component in the Treasure Valley’s economic recovery. It is a product of the Freedoms we are afforded in this Country.
As Meridian Speedway continues to be an open air outside entertainment facility, and other venues of similar patronage and capacity continue to operate with similar Phase 3 plans, the speedway is happy to announce that it will continue at a reduced capacity providing space for family and friend groups to spectate the making of our Live Stream racing TV Broadcast and fireworks display.
Safety is our number one priority, and that is why we have developed commonly known social distancing and cleaning protocols to reduce the risks to guests and employees as much as possible during their time at the Speedway.
Meridian Speedway will be taking the following proactive steps to reduce the risk of spreading the Coronavirus while experiencing our facility:
Capacity, Tickets, and Season Passes
- For the safety of all our guests and employees, if you, or anyone in your visiting party, are sick or experiencing COVID-like symptoms, please stay home.
- We will be operating at a controlled, reduced capacityto ensure your family has ample space to create memories while maintaining social distancing guidelines.
- In order to control capacity, starting May 30, all tickets sold will be online reservations. Walk up gates will only be open if online capacity is not reached. Online sales require you to select your date of visit. A link to tickets can be found at meridianspeedway.com. Be advised, as the number of tickets that can be sold for any specific date will be limited, the date you want may not be available. For specific details regarding online tickets, please visit our website.
- We encourage all ticket purchases to be conducted through our online website to limit person-to-person interaction. Personal Responsibility is expected in all cases
- Season passes and tickets purchased prior to May 28th can be used any race day of our 2020 season.
Access and viewing
- We encourage social distancing while approaching the access gates, Grandstand seating is ample to allow for social distancing between families. As our overall attendance capacity will be reduced, lines for access may appear to be longer than normal
- We request your assistance in leaving the appropriate space between your family and others while choosing your seating areas and in food venues
- to ensure proper social distancing as recommended by the CDC. Personal Responsibility is expected in all cases.
- Access to the Pit Area will continue to be limited to participants only during racing events and use separate access gates as TV production is underway. Personal Responsibility is expected in all cases
Food and Retail
- We will be utilizing cashless procedures at most of our retail and food outlets to limit person-to-person interaction. We will accept credit/debit cards at all windows.
- Employees are encouraged to use face coverings and follow all health and safety codes prescribed by the Central District Health Department
- As Meridian Speedway is an all Open Air grandstand facility set on 5 acres we will be focusing on the social distancing measures directed to mitigate Coronavirus.
- Events will continue to be available on Live Stream at speedcast.tv for those patrons that wish to stay at home and enjoy the entertainment on each race night.
Determining whether to open the Speedway grandstands during these unprecedented times was a difficult task. Like many organizations, we’re continually monitoring the balance between public safety with the desire to keep our economy alive. This balance needs to be re-evaluated on an ongoing basis. We have based our plan on the information and guidelines from state and health experts, however, we cannot guarantee there is no risk associated with engaging in a social activity at this time; we can only say we have done our best to minimize the risk with the procedures we have taken. If you feel you are in one of the vulnerable categories due to age or health considerations, we would advise you to postpone your visit to the Speedway this season and wait for more secure times.
We believe it is your right to assess the risks involved, take your own precautions, and come to your own conclusion as to whether to participate in social activities during these trying times.
If you have already purchased a season pass it will give you all access to all events remaining on the 2020 revised schedule. However, if you feel that you will not be able to use your season pass you can contact the Speedway office at 208-888-2813 for a full refund prior to June 13, 2020.
Again, thank you for your continued support. We are so appreciative of all the memories you have shared with us over the past 70 years. We look forward to making even more memories this summer as we adapt to the changing environment. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Meridian Speedway at 2018-888-2813 or my email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to open up and see you back at the park soon.