SEASON PASS HOLDERS & ONLINE TICKETS May 30admin
Dear Race Fans,
We want to personally thank you for your patience and support during these unprecedented times. Meridian Speedway has consulted with officials from the State of Idaho and Central District Health Department and has determined that there is an avenue available to open to fans during Phase 3 of the Idaho Rebounds Plan. We recognize Meridian Speedway is a major component in the Treasure Valley’s economic recovery. As Meridian Speedway is an open air outside entertainment facility, and other venues of similar patronage and capacity have announced reopening plans of their own, the speedway is announcing a reopening plan that will open gates beginning in Phase 3. May 30th and June 6th will share a reduced capacity not to exceed 20% of normal capacity.
During Phase 4 of the Rebound Idaho plan, Meridian Speedway will open June 13 and June 20 with reduced capacity not to exceed 50% of normal capacity.
Safety is our number one priority, and that is why we have developed extensive social distancing and cleaning protocols to reduce the risks to guests and employees as much as possible during their time at the Speedway.
Meridian Speedway will be taking the following proactive steps to reduce the risk of spreading the Coronavirus while experiencing our facility:
Capacity, Tickets, and Season Passes
- For the safety of all our guests and employees, if you, or anyone in your visiting party, are sick or experiencing COVID-like symptoms, please stay home.
- We will be operating at a controlled, reduced capacity to ensure your family has ample space to create memories while maintaining social distancing guidelines.
- In order to control capacity, starting May 30, all tickets sold will be online reservation only and require you to select your date of visit. A link to tickets can be found at meridianspeedway.com. Be advised, as the number of tickets that can be sold for any specific date will be limited, the date you want may not be available. For specific details regarding online tickets, please visit our website after May 28th.
- We encourage all ticket purchases to be conducted through our online website to limit person-to-person interaction.
- Season passes and tickets purchased prior to May 28th can be used any race day of our 2020 season.
Access and viewing
- We have changed the configuration of access gates and grandstand seating to allow for social distancing between families. As our overall attendance capacity will be reduced, lines for access may appear to be longer than normal
- We request your assistance in leaving the appropriate space between your family and others while choosing your seating areas and in food venues to ensure proper social distancing as recommended by the CDC.
- Access to the Pit Area will continue to be limited to participants only and use separate access gates under the Recreational guidelines provided in Stage 2 of the Governors Rebound Idaho Plan. Access to the pit area for patrons during the event will be prohibited.
Food and Retail
- We will be utilizing cashless procedures at most of our retail and food outlets to limit person-to-person interaction. We will accept credit/debit cards at all windows. Only a few designated locations will allow purchases through a cash transaction. When waiting for service please practice social distancing in all situations.
- Public facing Employees will be encouraged to use face coverings and follow all health and safety codes prescribed by the Central District Health Department
- We have removed and rearranged tables and seating in any areas that were previously available. Sanitization and cleaning of all tables will be completed between events or use.
- As Meridian Speedway is an all Open Air grandstand facility set on 5 acres we will be focusing on the social distancing measures directed to mitigate Coronavirus.
- Events will continue to be available on Live Stream at speedcast.tv for those patrons that wish to stay at home and enjoy the entertainment on each race night.
As you can see from the above list, we have taken many steps to try to mitigate the spread of infection between our guests and employees. The complete list of changed practices is much longer and will be constantly improved as we learn more information.
Determining whether to open the Speedway grandstands during these unprecedented times was a difficult task. Like many organizations, we’re continually monitoring the balance between public safety with the desire to keep our economy alive. This balance needs to be re-evaluated on an ongoing basis. We have based our plan on the information and guidelines from state and health experts, however, we cannot guarantee there is no risk associated with engaging in a social activity at this time; we can only say we have done our best to minimize the risk with the procedures we have taken. If you feel you are in one of the vulnerable categories due to age or health considerations, we would advise you to postpone your visit to the Speedway this season and wait for more secure times.
We believe it is your right to assess the risks involved, take your own precautions, and come to your own conclusion as to whether to participate in social activities during these trying times.
If you have already purchased a season pass it will give you all access to all events remaining on the 2020 revised schedule. However, if you feel that you will not be able to use your season pass you can contact the Speedway office at 208-888-2813 for a full refund prior to June 13, 2020.
To accommodate for social distancing, season pass holders will be able to use the pre-paid express lane to avoid being held up at the access gates.
Again, thank you for your continued support. We are so appreciative of all the memories you have shared with us over the past 70 years. We look forward to making even more memories this summer as we adapt to the changing environment. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Meridian Speedway at 2018-888-2813 or our email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to open up and see you back at the Speedway soon.
With warmest regards,
The Managing Partners at Meridian Speedway
NOTES: May 30 (restricted ticket access event)
Main Gate opens at 4:45 Season Pass holders and online tickets only, (no gate sales will be available)
Racing begins at 6:45pm
South Gate will be closed
North Grandstand/Pit concession will be available only (June 6 Main Concessions will open)
Main Restrooms will be open
Pit Restrooms will be open
We are working to change the titles and classes on our online Ticket portal.
ticket portal can be accessed here https://boxoffice.diamondticketing.com/meridianspeedway/events
Classes racing- SLC Midgets / NW Tour Trucks / Pit Stop Modifieds / Big Daddy’s Hornets / Firehouse Bombers